Saturday, May 2, 2009

Run for the Reason: Third Run

This one was harder to get started than the first two. It was mainly due to muscle stiffness and lack of sleep fatigue. I did get chased by a dog on this leg of the trip. A mid to large size yellow lab was booking it across his yard straight at me. I proceeded to turn my 10 minute per mile pace into a sprint up to the lead vehicle. Luckily the dog stopped and barked at the edge of his property, but it did give me that extra boost of energy that kept me going my last mile and a half. Other than that. the most exciting things were the numerous amounts of roadkill. The most challenging part was not the hills or the distance but the heat. The sun wasn't out, but the humidity was around 90-100%. It sprinkled on me a few times during the first mile very briefly, but that told me the humidity was high.

Before this run we stayed at the Best Western in Clanton. I only got 2 hours of sleep this morning, because it was compulsory for me to have breakfast before shower and sleep (in that order). At this point in the race, it is all about priorities. My first priority was to satisfy my calorie deprived body. We ate at the Waffle House and had the most glorious breakfast ever. I had two eggs (scrambled), hash browns (covered and chunked), biscuit and gravy, two sausage patties, two slices of buttered toast with grape jelly, and some bacon. Once my tummy was satisfied I showered and slept.

Run number four is coming up. I think it's going to be the worst one yet. At least it is a night and not during the heat again. We will be finishing near Talladega and Anniston. Those updates will be coming tonight around Midnight.

Until then,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment