Sunday, May 3, 2009

Run for the Reason: Final Run

We decided to all run the last four miles into Plant Wansley to make up time, and so we can all run into the plant together. This turned out to be a major blessing to all of the teams. We were able to eat much sooner and get home sooner than expected. Of course to top off the finish, we all got silly stringed at the finish line. This was one of many pranks pulled by each group during the race. Usually, we did something to the baton that we would pass to the next group. Hand cream, maxi pads, faux road kill, water bottles, etc. all were adorned on the baton at one point or another to prank other teams.

All in all, it was a very rewarding event. We all were on edge by the last run and were ready to be done. It would have been easy to get testy and argumentative, but we kept to the schedule and just remembered why we were out there. I can safely say that I will do it again in a heart beat, but I'll need some time to recover first. On that note, I made it home, and I'm about to hit the bed for a nice long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment