Tuesday, January 22, 2013

An Unwanted Anniversary...

Forty years ago today our world changed forever. Our nation has since been polarized by the notion of life versus choice, secular versus sacred, and us versus them. No longer do we have the ability to say life is sacred. The government has determined that it can decide when life begins regardless of when God begins it. It is now an option whether or not a person is worthy of life. What is more, the government now has the ability to say we must support this effort with our taxes, because healthcare includes abortion and birth control. Sex is now purely recreational with supposedly no consequences. Regardless of the design of intercourse, it is now simply for self-indulgence. Any consequences of said action, aside from pleasure, is now a nuisance, an inconvenience to life. Therefore, if you are forty years old or younger today, thank God and your parents for your life, because the government has said that your life is inconsequential.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
-- Psalm 139:13-15

The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
-- Jeremiah 1:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment