Run for the Reason 2013 has begun! We ran twice yesterday and are into the third run today. Yesterday, our daytime run was brutally hot, and today, the daytime run is wet and rainy. But that's ok, we're running to raise money for the American Cancer Society to help those diagnosed with cancer celebrate more birthdays.
This year's run is bit bitter-sweet for me. I just finished up my third and final run for this year. Ideally, I would run 5 times total, but this year my time has been cut short by the very disease we are running to cure. My beautiful wife's great aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just two weeks before it took her life. The funeral services are tonight and tomorrow, and I'll be cutting my running short to spend time with her and her family.
Hopefully, one day, this wont be an issue any more and we can run to support a different cause, but until then we will keep running for more birthdays!
BC

No comments:
Post a Comment